SAF Training & Education Association Policies
At SAFTEA safety, especially on the range is our #1 priority. We reserve the right to ask anyone not observing the safety rules or behaving in a belligerent manner to leave the range or the classroom in order to secure the safety of other students. This includes individuals under the influence of controlled substances, alcohol etc. All students will sign a waiver of liability and hold harmless agreement before class. Students will also be required to certify in writing that they are not a prohibited person as listed below.
Prohibitive Persons: Under Federal law SAFTEA cannot train any individuals who:
- Are Convicted felons that have not been annulled or pardoned and rights restored.
- Are under indictment in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
- Are fugitives from justice.
- Are prohibited to handle any firearm under state or federal laws.
- Use or are addicted to any unlawful controlled substances.
- Have been adjudicated as a mental defective or have been court ordered to any mental institution.
- Are illegal aliens.
- Who have been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions.
- Have renounced their United States citizenship.
- Are under a court order restraining them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner.
- Have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
- Are under the influence of any substances that may hinder or impede their actions in handling a firearm safely.
We use dummy ammunition for all classroom work for training in loading and unloading etc. Students carrying firearms will be asked to leave their firearms in their vehicles until required on the range. NO EXCEPTIONS ~ This includes instructors conducting the class!
We have an absolute NO LIVE AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM for all firearms classes.
Anyone attending class under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. SAFTEA will not be responsible for minors while in class and should it become necessary for the instructor to remove a minor from class, a parent or guardian will need to be available. Minors also cannot legally sign our liability waiver, so a parent or guardian also need to be available to sign the document. All students & instructor candidates will sign a waiver of liability/hold harmless agreement before class.
SAFTEA cannot provide any assistance in training foreign persons due to conflicting information from the U.S. Government regarding regulations pertinent to foreign persons and arms training. Contact HQ for more information and insight.
Strong Side Holsters
For safety reasons on the range our classes will use Strong Side Holsters only! - (No cross draws, shoulder rigs, pocket holsters, ankle, appendix or small of the back carry). Blackhawk Serpa and similar holsters which require the use of the index finger to deactivate a retention device will not be used in SAFTEA classes. The ONLY exception is for Law Enforcement & Military who are issued these types of holsters for duty use.
No pocket guns such as Ruger LCP and other sub-compact guns. You will be presenting the gun from concealment and reholstering repeatedly. You need to be proficient at this task and have a holster that does not collapse when the gun is removed.
Commitment to Client Confidentiality & Safety
SAFTEA is a group of experienced professionals dedicated to bringing the highest quality of training to our students. Our first and foremost priority is the safety of our students, staff and instructors. We strongly believe in our ethical and legal obligation to protect our students' privacy. SAFTEA 's commitment and approach to students confidentiality distinguishes us as a leader in firearms training.
SAFTEA operates in full compliance and cooperation with all local, county, state and federal laws. We are not affiliated with any County, Local, State or Federal Law Enforcement Agency.
Instructor Website Policy
In Person Training
All SAFTEA classes are to be conducted in-person. Skype and other remote training mediums are not allowed.
There is no credit transfer from organizations. There are to many differences in training and training philosophy. This also becomes a legal and liability concern.